Position opening for President of Sioux Falls Catholic Schools
- Begin employment in the spring or summer of 2014
- Accepting application, resume and cover letter now and until position is filled
- Early applications will be given preference for interviews
- Interested candidates should contact:
- Sharon Hurley, Director of Human Resources
3100 W. 41st Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
SFCS Leadership Profile
The Sioux Falls Catholic School System (SFCS)
- Sioux Falls Catholic Schools is an urban, consolidated, Catholic school system located in Sioux Falls, SD, which has a population of over 200,000 in the metropolitan region.
- SFCS employs approximately 350 staff and serves over 2700 students PK-12 in six elementary schools, a consolidated junior high school and a consolidated “Blue Ribbon” high school.
- Within the last ten years, SFCS successfully completed a $50M campaign for major improvements on the O’Gorman High School campus that included new classrooms, administrative offices, a state-of-the-art performing arts center and extensive updates to athletic facilities and grounds. The campaign also raised over $10M for endowments.
The President will be expected to assume executive oversight of:
- Mission: maintain the integrity and advancement of the mission, Catholic identity, academic excellence and operational vitality;
- School Board: report and work in partnership with the SFCS School Board to carry out the SFCS mission, vision and strategic goals in accordance with state and Diocesan policies.
- Fiscal Management: assume responsibility for the operation and administration of the Sioux Falls Catholic School System and provide leadership in determining and coordinating the allocation of resources.
- Relationships: ensure effective communication with students, employees and overall community in order to achieve measurable outcomes that reflect quality and excellence; and
- Operations: provide leadership in the following areas: planning, personnel, programs, food services, technology, development and facilities of SFCS.
The candidate should possess:
- an advanced degree in education administration or business is preferred, in addition to five or more years of experience as a school administrator; however, any combination of advanced education and extensive experience in supervision of a large number of employees will be considered;
- evidence of good standing and commitment to the advancement of personal, personnel, and student growth in relationship to Christ and the Catholic Church;
- comprehensive knowledge or ability to study school and canon law and the regulations of the SD Department of Education;
- ability to manage fiscal and physical resources; and
- ability to plan, supervise and evaluate work of all professionals and administrators, and provide leadership in program assessment and evaluations.
To apply, please contact Human Resources Director, Sharon Hurley at email@example.com.