The success of Catholic education and Catholic health care is due to the religious sisters who founded Avera McKennan and staffed the Sioux Falls Catholic schools. Today, we are proud to say the Sioux Falls Catholic Schools and Avera continue to work together in a unique partnership to promote faith-based education and health care. As a part of this partnership, Avera is investing $10 million into the Sioux Falls Catholic School system.
Additional areas of partnership include:
- Support for each other’s mission
- Health education opportunities in classrooms, newsletters and in-services
- Health screenings
- Volunteer nursing program
- Career preparation and exposure
- Coordinated support of community projects